Rifts Freezer WIP
Return to Savage Rifts
Work In Progress
Converted from The Rifter #19
An uncommon variant of the Burster, the Freezer uses cryokinesis to control temperature and condense moisture in the air into ice or snow. Human Freezers descended from the Inuit, which may explain why they are so in touch with their natural environment even outside of frigid regions; the animals and land itself seem to accept them as a guardian. They tend toward detached, "cold" personalities.
Build this as a Burster (TLPG, p. 18) with the following changes:
- Burster Variant: Remove the Blaster Edge from Arcane Background. Remove Everything Burns. Replace Firewalker with immunity to cold. Apply an ice/snow Trapping to Fiery Aura, Fire Mastery, Flame Bolt, and all Burster iconic Edges. Change Quirk to aloof snobbishness; other complications are unchanged.
- Hypothermia: The Freezer can safely lower their body temperature at will for 1 ISP per hour, +1 ISP per additional willing target within Smarts range. This lets them simulate death (Healing vs. the Freezer's Psionics to realize the truth) and become invisible to infrared detection.
- Ice Weapons: The Freezer can create anything from a dagger to a great-axe out of thin air. They must choose smite as a starting power, and have the Psi-Blade and and Psi-Weapon Manipulation (A&M, p. 33) Edges.
- One with Nature: The Freezer has the Beast Bond and Woodsman Edges, Survival d6, and Vow (Major; Respect and protect nature).
- Power List: The Freezer lacks some of the Burster's overt psychokinesis, but is more attuned to the environment. Rank permitting, they may choose from arcane protection, barrier, beast friend, boost Trait†, burst, darksight*, deflection*, detect/conceal arcana*, empathy, entangle, environmental protection, fear, havoc, mind link, protection*, relief*, smite*, warrior’s gift*.
As Burster, but loses these:
- Blaster: 4 pts
- Everything Burns: 2 pts
- Firewalker: 12 pts
- Powers: confusion, farsight, fly, light/darkness, telekinesis
- TOTAL 18 pts
And gains these:
- Immunity to Cold: 10 pts but cold is so much rarer than fire that I'm calling this 8 pts
- Hypothermia: 1 pt (basically a power)
- Ice Weapons: 4 pts
- One with Nature: 4 pts
- Powers: barrier, beast friend, entangle, environmental protection, havoc
- TOTAL 17 pts
Tribe of One's Breakdowns (for reference)
BURSTER HJ roll x2: 4 pts AB: Psionics, Major Psionics: 4 pts Blaster Edge: 2 pts (Note: This was left out of the forum post) Improved power access (vs. basic Psionics list): 3 pts* Psionics d6: 2 pts Everything Burns: 2 pts* Fiery Aura: 10 pts (3 for Level 1 damage field, 4 for stackable +1d6 melee, 3 for armor) Fire Mastery: 3 pts (similar to Storm) Firewalker: 12 pts (10 for fire immunity, 1 for elec resist, 1 for laser/ion resist) Fire Bolt: 4 pts (since it costs ISP, it's basically half the benefit of the Extra Powers edge to get Bolt, with a bonus 1d6 damage) Enemy (Major)x2: -4 pts Quirk: -1 pt Iconic Edge Access: 2* (only a couple are more powerful than standard edges, and most cost ISP) TOTAL: 43 pts (updated to include Blaster edge) ZAPPER HJ roll x2: 4 pts Absorb Electricity: 6 pts* Arc of Life: 4 pts* AB: Psionics: 2 pts Improved power access (vs. basic Psionics list): 3 pts* Psionics d6: 2 pts Electrical Aura: 10 pts (3 for Level 1 damage field, 4 for stackable +1d6 melee, 3 for armor) Electrical Immunity: 12 pts (10 for electrical immunity, 1 for fire/plasma resist, 1 for laser/p. beam resist) Electrical Mastery: 3 pts (similar to Storm) Lightning Bolt: 4 pts (since it costs ISP, it's basically half the benefit of the Extra Powers edge to get Bolt, with a bonus 1d6 damage) Cybernetics: -1 (since none at all/no Cyber-Psychic Alignment) Enemy (Major)x2: -4 pts Glitchy: -2 pts (Roughly twice as bad as All Thumbs) Iconic Edge Access: 2* (only a couple are more powerful than standard edges, and most cost ISP) TOTAL: 45 pts (note: To1 got the math here wrong in his forum post)