BAE Weapon Anointments
These Anointments apply to both Guns and Melee Weapons.
Anointments are abilities triggered through meta-game actions. Whenever the condition is met, the effect kicks in. To generate an Anointment, roll separately for a random Trigger and then for a random Effect.
Any triggers or effects that mention "the wielder" only count while the Vault Hunter is actively wielding the weapon. They don't have to be attacking with it on a given turn, though.
- After this weapon kills an enemy...
- After this weapon Shakes or Wounds a Wild Card...
- After the wielder is Shaken or Wounded...
- After the wielder is hit by an elemental (besides Explosive*) attack...
- After the wielder succeeds on any roll with 2+ raises in a combat scene...
- The wielder may spend a Benny, after which...
- ...the weapon adds elemental* damage for the next 5 rounds. (Reroll until the Anointed element differs from any of the weapon's elements.)
- ...as #1, above.
- ...the weapon gets +1 to hit, to Tests, or to any similar skill check for the next 5 rounds.
- ...the weapon does +2 damage for the next 5 rounds.
- ...the wielder gets +2 Pace and improves their Run die by a die type for the next 5 rounds.
- ...the weapon steals health for the next 5 rounds. At the end of the wielder's turn, if they inflicted 1+ (non-Soaked) Wounds using this weapon, they may make a Vigor roll to recover one Wound.
- ...the wielder gets +2 to all shield Recharge rolls for the next 5 rounds.
- ...the wielder immediately unleashes a 3d4 MBT elemental* damage Nova (as per the shield ability).
- ...the wielder gains +2 Armor for the next 5 rounds.
- ...the weapon immediately gains X ammo of this weapon's type. X equals the improvement level: 15 pistol ammo, 25 SMG ammo, 20 assault rifle ammo, 10 sniper or shotgun ammo, or 3 rockets. Any excess goes into the wielder's ammo stores and is limited by max ammo capacity. (Reroll this result for melee weapons.)